Otherworld guides bring Otherworld to life each day by engaging our guests, monitoring the exhibits, and operating our ticket office, cafe, and shop. Otherworld guides report to the operations managers and are responsible for providing magnificent guest service, monitoring the guests and exhibits, operating the ticket office, cafe and gift shop in addition to cleaning and maintaining the spaces.
The Guide team is just one part of Otherworld. Each part works together, helping out however is necessary to make Otherworld as successful as possible. We do this because we care about our community, believe in what we’re doing and enjoy making incredible experiences for our guests.
Pay: $13 per hour
Hours: 20-35 hrs per week
CFOO: Chief Finance and Operating Officer
The CFOO is responsible for leading and managing Otherworld’s financial and business affairs, strategic planning, human resources, operations, food and beverage, and merchandise. The CFOO provides the leadership, management and vision necessary to ensure that Otherworld has the proper financial/operational controls, administrative and reporting procedures, and human resource systems in place to support growth of the organization and expansion into new markets, while ensuring financial strength and operating efficiency. Candidate should be willing to relocate to Columbus. Regular travel will be required. If based outside of Columbus, extensive travel will be required.
- Work with the CEO and executive team to lead the planning and overall management of Otherworld Columbus and future Otherworld locations
- Provide oversight to the daily financial and accounting functions including cash management, accounts payable and receivables, inventory processing, payroll and benefits
- Oversee operational planning and budgeting for current and future locations
- Supervise the Controller/accounting staff, oversee monthly financial closings
- Provide analysis and regular reporting of key metrics for attendance, ticket sales, food and beverage and merchandise sales
- Oversee completion of required periodic local, state, and federal tax filings
- Oversee operations of current and future locations, by supervising, hiring and managing Operations Directors and staff in each market
- Negotiate and consult on all major leases, contracts and transactions
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting or relevant field; MBA preferred
- Minimum 10 years of experience in financial and operational management required
- Some financial and operational management experience in arts & entertainment preferred
Pay: competitive base compensation; lucrative ESOP and profit share
Benefits: two weeks paid time off, healthcare
The Fabrication Director is responsible for overseeing all construction related projects across Otherworld locations, including building new exhibits as well as maintaining and repairing existing ones. They will work with the design team to turn concepts into realized build plans. The Fabrication Director is responsible for sourcing materials, managing budgets, coordinating shipments and installs, delegating tasks to and overseeing the work of a full-time build crew of 40+ production artists. They will direct Project Managers and Metal, Textiles, Carpentry and Digital Fabrication Department leads in addition to coordinating tech integration with the Chief Technology Officer. They will work under the CEO and CFOO, providing build plans and budgets for approval, in additional to regular reporting.
This job starts now in Columbus. Frequent travel will be required.
- manage a team of 40+ fabricators; interview and hire new fabricators as needed
- create and implement build plans based on concepts from the design team
- source materials, inventory and manage project budgets
- submit project plans and reports to CEO and CFOO for approval
- contract out work to freelance fabricators and shops for support as needed
- communicate with the Operations Director about exhibit repairs, maintenance and upgrades
- 10+ years of fabrication management experience in an arts or entertainment field
- well versed in project management software
- experience in large-scale fabrication
- bachelor’s degree in a relevant field
Pay: competitive base salary, lucrative ESOP and profit share
Benefits: healthcare, two weeks paid time off, moving stipend if applicable
Digital Fabricators are responsible for running Digital Design and Fabrication projects across all Otherworld locations. They will work under the Fabrication Director to create 3D models and build plans, and collaborate with and oversee the work of machine operators and assemblers to turn concept drawings into finish-ready products.
This job starts now. Regular travel is required.
- Collaborate with the design team to create 3D models
- Ensure proper fabrication of 3D models by operating, or collaborating with operators of CNCs, Hotwire, and 3D printers
- Collaborate with Assembly Leads responsible for preassembly, packaging, and onsite assembly
- Coordinate with the Project Directors on timelines, deliverables, shipping, and onsite assembly
- Submit plans and regular reports for approval by Fabrication Director
- 5+ years of large-scale digital design and fabrication experience in arts, festivals or themed entertainment
- Experience collaborating with fabricators, architects, and engineers
- Must be proficient in CAD and CAM softwares like Aspire, Rhino 3D including Grasshopper, ZBrush
- Should have experience operating hot wire, 4 axis CNC, 3 Axis CNC, Filament 3D Printers, Resign 3D Printers
- Should have a bachelor’s degree in a relevant field
Pay: $45,000-70,000+ base compensation DOE; profit share depending on performance
Benefits: healthcare, two weeks paid time off
Hours: 40+ per week
Concept Artists are responsible for visualizing new exhibit ideas in innovative and
interesting ways. They will work closely with Creative and Build leads as they consider
scale, composition, and layout while closely following creative briefs in tight time
constraints. They will package deliverables in an organized and efficient manner and
implement edits as needed.
- Create quick and detailed drawings of environments, characters, and
- Use traditional and technological approaches to create designs in 2D and
- Efficiently interpret briefs
- Explain ideas clearly to Creative, Fabrication, and Tech leads.
- Respond positively to feedback
- Adapt and refine your work based on response
- Maintain good communication
- Research topics and information for points of reference and ideas to use
- Create specification sheets, accurately noting dimensions and details for
Fabrication teams to follow
- Meet strict deadlines
- 5+ years Illustration and Design experience.
- Experience collaborating with fabricators, technologists, and designers.
- Must be proficient in the Adobe Creative Suite including Illustrator, Photoshop,
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Illustration or a relevant field
Pay: $40,000 base, profit share depending on performance
Benefits: healthcare, two weeks paid time off
Hours: 40+ per week
Join the Otherworld Team
Thanks for your interest! To apply, please fill out the fields below. Include a few sentences on why you’re a great hire. Make sure to attach a resume and include a portfolio link if applicable. We’ll reach out if it seems like you could be a good fit.
5819 Chantry Drive
Columbus, OH 43232