Otherworld guides bring Otherworld to life each day by engaging our guests, monitoring the exhibits, and operating our ticket office, cafe, and shop. Otherworld guides report to the operations managers and are responsible for providing magnificent guest service, monitoring the guests and exhibits, operating the ticket office, cafe and gift shop in addition to cleaning and maintaining the spaces.
The Guide team is just one part of Otherworld. Each part works together, helping out however is necessary to make Otherworld as successful as possible. We do this because we care about our community, believe in what we’re doing and enjoy making incredible experiences for our guests.
Pay: $13 per hour
Hours: 20-35 hrs per week
Job Summary: Operations supervisors work with the operations manager and director to lead the operations staff. They ensure exemplary execution of the front of house staff’s duties and achievement of daily goals while supporting and coaching the staff.
Essential Job Duties:
Operations supervisors report to the operations director and is responsible to:
- Give magnificent guest service. Most importantly, operations supervisors take care of our guests. They engage them and help convert them to loyalists and superfans.
- Ensure all operations staff excel. Operations supervisors will give daily guidance and feedback to operations staff as they complete their daily tasks.
- Achieve or exceed sales and staffing goals. Through preparation and dedicated, focused staff coaching, they achieve sales and cost goals.
- Ensure flawless presentation and cleanliness. Ensure that Otherworld is looking and sounding pristine, well stocked with consumables and functioning properly each day, before and during operation. Always reporting any technical issues clearly and efficiently to the technical staff.
- Manage Inventory and Cash. They accurately manage inventory, on-site cash, and cash deposits.
- Help wherever and whenever necessary. Operations management is just one part of Otherworld. Each part works together, helping out however is necessary to make Otherworld as successful as possible. We do this because we care about our community, believe in what we’re doing and enjoy making incredible experiences for our guests.
Pay: starting at $16 per hour
Hours: 25-35 per week
Fabrication Director (Columbus location only)
The Fabrication Manager is responsible for overseeing all construction related projects in Columbus, including building new exhibits as well as maintaining and repairing existing ones. They will work with the design team to turn concepts into realized build plans. They are responsible for sourcing materials, managing budgets, delegating tasks to and overseeing the work of a full-time build crew of 10+ creatives.
You should have 5+ years’ experience managing construction projects in an arts and entertainment context. You should be passionate about creating the next generation of immersive experiences. This job starts now or in coming months in Columbus. Travel may be required.
- manage a team of 10+ fabricators
- create and implement build plans based on concepts from the design team
- manage a calendar of weekly repairs and build tasks – communicate schedules to the build team
- source materials, inventory and manage project budgets
- submit project plans and reports to Directors
- hands-on fabrication support
- hire additional fabricators for support on a project by project basis
- communicate with the Operations Director about exhibit repairs, maintenance and upgrades
- you must have 5+ years of build management experience in an arts or entertainment context
- you must have experience in large-scale fabrication
- you must be passionate about creating immersive experiences
- you should have a bachelor’s degree in a relevant field
Pay: $60,000 base
Benefits: healthcare, two weeks paid time off, moving stipend if applicable
Hours: 40+ per week
You will work with the Tech Director to integrate, maintain and repair existing technical elements in the exhibit. Additionally, you will research and develop content for future exhibits. You should be moderately experienced with microcontrollers like Arduino and Raspberry Pi along with software like Touch Designer.
Pay: $45,000+ (depending on experience)
Benefits: healthcare, two weeks paid time off
Hours: 40+ per week
Join the Otherworld Team
Thanks for your interest! To apply, please fill out the fields below. Include a few sentences on why you’re a great hire. Make sure to attach a resume and include a portfolio link if applicable. We’ll reach out if it seems like you could be a good fit.
5819 Chantry Drive
Columbus, OH 43232